Monday, February 17, 2020

First Group Discussion of Module 2


I attended the first group discussion Skype of the term and I’m glad that I did. I joined the 9pm session run by Helen and I got to talk to Edoardo and Lorien, who are fellow module 2 students, and also got to hear from the module 1 students their thoughts on the course so far. When I’m in these group Skype calls I get to hear how other students are getting on and I get to voice any questions I have, which are usually shared by others.

I do have some worries about this term, which I mentioned in my previous post, as I find I’m not sure how to start and I get overwhelmed quite quickly. Lorien who was in the morning Skype with Adesola had noted that Adesola had told the group that the question that we want to put forward, we might not get until near the end of the module. Additionally Helen had mentioned that as the moment we don’t need to get bogged down with the logistics of the interviews and the ethics of it until later as we have a Skype session specifically on interviews. These two points have definitely calmed my mind down at the moment, and has allowed me time to prioritise my list of tasks for this module.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shaunna

    That's a really interesting point, I have been trying to focus so much on my focus that I have not researched and studied MUCH. I tried to look at it from a different way today and thought to myself 'if this module is mainly about the research into the question then why not focus on researching about research first. Maybe find some creative ways to research and data collect that will suit my target audience.

    I have also started to find some theorists around my chosen subject. This may help me later on when I find my focus.

    I hope this helps and any comments back will be welcomed :)

    ReplyDelete

A Very Short Update

So, first things first, I’ve fallen behind on the blogs again, but I am trying to rectify that. By the end of this week, I will have this bl...